TeleRehabilitation is available from the practitioners who are comfortable using this technology.
We offer online services for:
- Neurological Athletic Therapy
- Speech and Language Pathology
- Music Therapy
Our practitioners are ready to work with you on the following:
- Stroke recovery
- Traumatic Brain Injury recovery
- Spinal Cord Injury Recovery
- Post Concussion Syndrome
- Exercise programs for Parkinson’s
- Exercise programs for individuals with MS
- Exercise for individuals with other neurological injuries
- Speech retraining
- Music therapy
- Facial retraining
- Breathing Retraining by certified BradCliff Breathing instructors
- Pelvic Health
You can expect the same level of expert care using this service as you would expect from any of our other services.
What is TeleRehabilitation
- Telerehabilitation is the use of information or communication technologies to allow you and your practitioner to connect via audio and/or video to receive physiotherapy services at a distance when an in-person visit is not possible
- Neuromotion utilizes ‘Physitrack’ an app that allows you to chat 1 on 1 with your practitioner over a video call. You will be provided with information on how to download the app or otherwise access the video session prior to your appointment
- Neuromotion also utilizes the software Embodia and Jane to connect with our clients
- You can be in the comfort of your own home and have the same high-quality expertise provided to you as if you came into the clinic
Why do I need it?
- TeleRehabilitation is quick and convenient. Those around BC or who have trouble fitting in face to face appointments will benefit significantly from online appointments
- You will save time by having your rehabilitation or neurological exercise appointment conducted wherever you are, instead of having to get to the clinic
- Those who have difficulty leaving their homes or who are at risk in the community will particularly benefit from the privacy and safety that TeleRehabilitation offers
What issues is it appropriate for?
- Most issues are appropriate for TeleRehabilitation, if more information is required from a physical examination your practitioner will discuss this with you
- TeleRehabilitation is particularly helpful when you require an expert opinion for acute injury management, to answer questions regarding your current treatment plan, to modify program you’re having issues with, or to progress exercises to continue improving
- TeleRehabilitation may be appropriate to have new issues initially and quickly assessed so you can start feeling better, faster, without having to have an in person appointment. However, some issues do require an in-person assessment to best understand your needs
- The service can help you access rehabilitation services that are not available in your community or allow for consultation between your rehabilitation practitioner and another health care provider
- Individuals who wish to work with a practitioner for concussions, active aging, pelvic health concerns and exercise based treatments will find TeleRehabilitation particularly helpful and convenient
What issue is TeleRehabilitation NOT appropriate for?
- TeleRehabilitation provided through Neuromotion is only available for those present in British Columbia at the time of their session
- At times TeleRehabilitation is insufficient to fully address your goals and an in-person session will be required to gather all the information necessary to meet your individual needs. In this case, a face to face follow up will be suggested by your practitioner.
Will it be the same quality of care I would get in person?
- Absolutely! Practitioners are required to meet the same Standards of Practice regardless of how services are delivered, so in short – yes! You will receive the same expert care as if you were seeing someone in person
- Most of what happens in our clinics includes your practitioner asking you tons of questions and getting you to do some movements to help diagnose and understand your issue. There are only a handful of things that cannot be performed over a video session. If the issue needs further assessment, you will be told as much and can follow up in person when it suits you.
- A substantial part of a practitioner’s role in injury management is education and exercise prescription, both of which are perfectly suited to TeleRehabilitation. The quality of this information will be no different than an in-person session
What kind of treatment is provided?
- Examples of services that can be provided by TeleRehabilitation include, but are not limited to, education and instruction, monitoring your progress with a treatment program, and supervised exercise or meetings with your health-care team. Hands-on treatment by your practioner is not possible during a TeleRehabilitation session but in-person sessions can be arranged if appropriate
- Conditions where education and management are paramount, such as concussions or pelvic health concerns, will have a great deal of treatment available over TeleRehabilitation
What are the risks?
- The main risk for TeleRehabilitation is regarding personal privacy. Please know that all information is securely stored and remains part of your clinical chart, which is protected by law to remain confidential
- If any physical injury or medical emergency should occur during your session, your practitioner will act appropriately to alert the necessary people including your emergency contact and first-responders (911)
Will my personal information be protected and secure?
- All personal information you provide is confidential and is stored securely just as it would be if you attended an in-person physiotherapy session. In fact, Neuromotion uses the same software in the clinic as we do for TeleRehabilitation
- No part of the video session will be recorded or stored
What is required of me?
- A quiet, private space, free of distractions
- Headphones are helpful to ensure privacy and clarity of audio, however they are not required
- Access to an Android or iOS device with the PhysiApp application downloaded on it (information will be sent prior to your session)
- Space to move
How do I pay?
- Payment is due at the time of your appointment via credit card
- Your practitioner will input your credit card information into our online booking and billing software, Jane App, on your first appointment, if they have not already done so. The information will be securely stored and the number obscured.
- The credit card will only be used to process payment for TeleRehabilitation sessions
- A receipt will be emailed to you upon payment which can be submitted to your insurance company