Vancouver, Victoria, Surrey
We are here for you on your rehabilitation journey.
Neuromotion Physiotherapy + Rehabilitation believes that connections to our clients and families helps in their recovery. We are also connected to the different associations in British Columbia that focus on helping make rehabilitation fun. Neuromotion is proud to be involved in different activities that highlight the neurological conditions we work with.
Events we participate in include:
- Climb the Wall - February of each year, get up those stairs! 48 flights of stairs over 700 steps to the top of Vancouver Sheraton Wall Centre. A great feat for your typical Canadian, and amazing even for someone on their rehab journey. Supports the BC Lung Association.
- Vancouver Sun Run - April - join us for a virtual 2.5km run, walk, roll, waddle.
- MS Walk - coming in May 2021 - in each of our communities we encourage our clients and families to get out and walk the course. Whether it is 1km or 5km, supporting each other in this recovery journey makes all the difference.
- Terry Fox Run - September of each year. Terry's vision to help all Canadians with Cancer struck a cord with us as we try help all those with neurological conditions.
- Sportability Sledge Hockey Tournament - an experience like no other. Get on the ice and challenge yourself. Sledge hockey is a paralympic event - who knows what could happen if you give it a try.
Neuromotion is proud to support MS Goldfish as they cycle their way around Vancouver.
Team MS GoldFish is a group of friends who for many years have enjoyed cycling around town and are committed to help fund MS research. We thought 2020 was a year of so many new challenges for all of us. We are committed to MS Society Fundraising efforts as well as supporting friends and family who are living with MS. It’s even more important in this extreme situation with Covid19, Stay in Place orders, and general uncertainty.
2021 MS Bike will be another virtual event across Canada. We have more experience with assessing health and safety, having been here for more than a year. Just a reminder - MS is a disease which the body's immune system is ramped up and attacks the body. Drugs that are Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT) - suppress the immune system to counter this. The implication is an increased risk of infections.
Barrie has been a client at our Victoria clinic for over 3 years and has been working on balancing equally on both legs after experiencing a stroke.
A previous hockey player, maintaining his balance while moving the stick around to pass a ball is a huge accomplishment!
Barrie’s enthusiasm and kind nature make him a joy to have around the clinic! Keep working hard, Barrie! We look forward to your accomplishments in 2020.