Following guidelines from Provincial Health authorities, BC Centre for Disease Control, WSBC, and The College of Physical Therapists of BC, we have procedures in place for your arrival, in clinic session, and for booking/billing, to ensure our clients and staff are safe.
Preparing for Your Appointment
-Please wash your hands prior to leaving your home.
· Masks are not mandatory but if you would like to wear one please bring it with you.
· Please bring your own water bottle if you require water during your session, as the water dispenser will not be available.
· Please do not arrive wearing gloves, you will be asked to remove them and use hand sanitizer.
· Access to the clinic and treatment areas will be restricted to those who must be present; caregivers or family members are encouraged not to enter therapy area, if possible, as they will be included in the maximum number of people allowed in an area at any given time.
· The washroom will be open; however we encourage you to use your facilities at home prior to arriving.
What to Expect on Arrival
· Please arrive at the time of your appointment – there will be no chairs in the waiting area for coming early or when leaving.
· We encourage you to wait in your cars or outside, until the time of your appointment, at which point you can come to the front door.
· Your therapist or clinic ambassador will meet you at the door.
· You will be asked to:
1. Answer important questions regarding your health and recent travels
2. Apply hand sanitizer
What to Expect Once in the Clinic
· Appointments are spaced 15 minutes apart to enable the previous client to have left the clinic and for staff to thoroughly clean down areas between clients.
· Your therapist will collect you from the front and will direct you to your treatment area
· You will have a designated space within the clinic throughout your session to maintain physical distancing between other staff and clients.
· Your therapist will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment throughout your appointment.
· Your appointment time includes all set up & take down of equipment (eg. FES pads, Lokomat harness) and use of washroom if needed.
What to Expect When Leaving
· Check with your therapist when your next appointment is/ admin staff will contact you by telephone/email to arrange follow-up.
· Your therapist will guide you out to maintain physical distancing from other staff and clients.
· You will be asked to apply hand sanitizer before leaving the clinic
What to Expect for Billing, Next Appointment
· All scheduling/booking concerns should be discussed by phone or email. You may book your next appointment with your therapist at the end of your session.
· Where possible all billing will be done with credit card on file; speak with the clinic admin person to arrange other methods of payment
· Direct billing for insurance companies will be processed by the clinic
We thank you for your patience as we all navigate this adapted form of in-person physiotherapy sessions. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Looking forward to seeing you!